• Call Now For Your Free Initial Consultation (714) 947-1246

Qualifying For A Fiance Visa

Qualifying For A Fiance Visa

Sometimes our Las Vegas immigration attorneys will handle the case of an immigrant who needs to come into the country to get married to a citizen. Such a situation calls for what is known as a “fiancé(e) visa.” These visas are specially designed to accommodate international marriages and provide a track towards legal residence to foreign newlyweds.

To secure a fiancé(e) visa for your husband-or-bride-to-be, you must petition on his or her behalf and demonstrate all of the following:

• You are a citizen of the United States
• You intend to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of his or her arrival in the U.S
• You and your fiancé(e) are legally able to marry each other and that any previous marriages were terminated by
annulment, death, or divorce
• The two of you have met in person at least once within two years of the filing of your petition. Failing this, you must
either show that meeting this requirement would result in extreme hardship on your part or represent a violation of a
long-standing custom held by your own culture or the culture of your fiancé(e).

For more information on fiancé(e) visas, you can consult Williamson Law Office, PLLC.